Spring Break is coming! Lots of museums and attractions around Houston real estate will be hosting special events. Both kids and adults will have a great time, enjoying hands-on learning, creativity, and fun. We have five different places to go, so you can make a plan for the best spring break ever.
1. Main Street Theater. If you grew up in the 1970s, you probably remember School House Rock, the educational Saturday morning cartoon. Now you can relive your childhood and introduce your kids to the fun of “Conjunction Junction” and “I’m Just a Bill”. Main Street Theater will be staging a live performance of many of the School House Rock favorites. There will be performances at 11 a.m. and a 2 p.m. on Saturday the 9th, Monday the 11th, and Tuesday the 12th.
2. Discovery Green. There are always tons of fun things going on at Discovery Green. The Roller Rink is open and will continue through March until April 21st. Admission is $10, and skate rental is $4. You can also rent kayaks for just $5 per person. In addition, there are special events every day from Monday, March 11th through Friday, March 15th, and they’re all free. Come for live music, hands-on science experiments, and poetry and yoga classes each day, and events like Touch-a-Truck on Tuesday.
Everyone in Your Houston Home Will Find Fun Things to Do
3. Space Center Houston. This is one of the city’s biggest attractions, and there are many special events for spring break. If you or the kids in your Houston home love learning about space or would like to meet astronauts, plan at least one day at the space center. Astronauts will be giving talks all week at Rocket Park. Kids will love the pop-up science labs. Different stations will present hands-on activities for kids to get into science and engineering. Skip the lines and purchase admission tickets and even a parking pass online.
4. Children’s Museum of Houston. Head to the children’s museum for Xtreme Spring Break. Kids will love the experience of the bungee trampoline and human hamster balls. Play in the Sticky Ball Arena for a game that involves Velcro vests and sticky balls and a whole lot of team fun. At the Kids Hall Carnival, visitors can play traditional carnival games and make crafts. Finally, aspiring spies can practice their skills in S.E.C.R.E.T. Spy Games. Each day there is also a line up of great local entertainers. Admission is only $12 per person each day.
5. Levy Park. Spring Break fun at Levy Park begins with the kick-off concert on Saturday, March 9th from 1 to 6 p.m. Come out and hear Sarah Grace & The Soul, If You Have to Ask, and the Matt Serice Ensemble. Bring a blanket and get comfortable. You’re welcome to bring a picnic or plan to buy food from the food trucks. Spring break events will run from Monday the 11th through Friday the 15th. Daily events include story time, crafts, science, Connect 4 tournaments, and Bingo. Get food and coffee from the different food trucks at the park everyday. All events are free!
Get out and explore Houston real estate this spring break. We hope these five ideas will get you started brainstorming a delightful vacation for you and your family.