After the holidays are over, life can feel a little flat. But we’ve assembled a list of some of the best places to go for Houston property owners to have some fun. Families with kids can enjoy a day out together. Most of these places are also perfect for a group of friends to get together for some friendly competition.
1. Speedy’s Fast Track, 11440 Hempstead Road. Speedy’s has something for everyone living in Houston to enjoy. The arcade has a ton of new games, including Star Wars pinball, Whack’em Funky Gators, and the Walking Dead. Drive a go-kart on the winding course. In addition to regular go-karts, there are Super Karts, F1 karts and two-seater karts. Play the mini golf course, get a team together for laser tag, or try your luck on the laser maze. Check out the party packages, too!
2. Texas Rock Gym, 1526 Campbell Road. Looking for a fun way to improve your fitness level? Try rock climbing. Texas Rock Gym offers many routes of varying levels and professionals to help guests learn climbing basics in a safe environment. If climbing appeals to you, consider a monthly or annual membership. This allows you to climb anytime your schedule allows and gives discounts on the classes for kids and adults.
Everyone Living in Houston Will Find Fun Ways to Get Moving This Year
3. Topgolf, 1030 Memorial Brook Boulevard. Golf enthusiasts will love this innovative way of playing the game. Players hit microchipped balls at targets in the field and earn points based on how far and accurately their balls land. Topgolf has classes, lessons, and leagues to join. It’s a great, fast-paced new way to play golf. It’s also a great place for a night out with friends, as the food and drinks menu is extensive. Kids are welcome, as long as they are supervised by another guest aged 21 or over.
4. iFLY Indoor Skydiving, 9540 Katy Freeway. If you’ve ever dreamed of skydiving but are worried about the risk or expense, iFLY is the answer you’ve been hoping for. Each guest is provided with all the gear they need, as well as instruction from a professional. Then you get to experience the feeling of free-fall flight in the totally safe indoor air chamber. Get more training by signing up for Flight School. There are also programs for those with special needs.
5. Battlefield Houston, 11755 West Little York, Suite 202. Laser tag is fun, and Battlefield Houston takes it to the next level. The Houston property is the largest laser tag venue in the country. Each team is assigned a mission, and every team member, no matter what their skill level is, has an important part to play. There are also virtual reality games to play. This is a great place to bring the family, schedule a birthday party, or just hang out with friends. Reservations are not required but are available. If you really get into laser tag, consider a membership, which gives you discounted gameplay.
We hope this list will give you a good, active start to your 2019!