As the weather heats up, it’s time to start thinking about frozen treats to cool off with. Fortunately for everyone in Houston homes, the city has an amazing variety of delicious ice cream, gelato, and sorbet options to beat the heat. We’ve put together a list of five of our favorite spots to get ice cream. There’s no reason for any Houston real estate owner to be hot and miserable with so many great options to choose from.
1. Smoosh Cookie Sandwiches. Start with freshly baked soft cookies, throw in a scoop of homemade ice cream, add a few favorite toppings and you have the stuff of summer time dreams. And that’s exactly what Smoosh offers. Come by the Smoosh food truck at Rice Village and create your own favorite combos. There are also sundaes, milkshakes, floats, and cookie splits. The possibilities are limitless!
2. Fat Cat Creamery. The Fat Cat Ice Cream Parlour is located at 1901 North Shepherd Drive. Remember that address, because the ice cream menu changes seasonally, along with some faithful standbys. Try cat’s meow Mexican vanilla, Waterloo strawberry buttermilk, or for a dairy-free treat, get chai tea coconut. The rotating menu includes both full dairy and dairy-free options. You can customize your choice with meow mixes, also known as toppings, including hot fudge, praline sauce, marshmallow sauce, graham cookie crumbles, and more. There’s also soft serve, sundaes, bon bons, ice cream sandwiches, and push-up pops.
Houston Real Estate Owners Enjoy a Variety of Creamery Ice Cream
3. Gelazzi. Anyone in the mood for a little trip to Italy should head to Gelazzi. Located at 3601 White Oak Drive, the shop serves up amazing pizza and sandwiches as well as gelato, sorbetto, and ice cream. Come hungry, and be sure to save room for dessert. The people at Gelazzi use only family recipes to create their fantastic gelato on site. Each day, there are 40 different flavors to choose from. Request a taste or two before you decide. There’s no way to go wrong at Gelazzi, so plan to come back and try everything.
4. Hank’s Ice Cream. Hank’s has been a Houston institution since 1985 and is still family owned and operated. Come in to Hank’s anytime to try their old fashioned ice cream, made the old fashioned way in small batches. With a menu of nearly 100 flavors, there are 18 available every day. Some favorites are butter pecan, dulce de leche, cake batter, and chocolate chip. Beyonce swears by the banana pudding. (Really!) Find Hank’s at 9291 South Main Street.
5. Cloud 10 Creamery. For unexpected flavor combinations, Cloud 10 Creamery is the place to go. There is a menu of 10 original flavors, as well as rotating seasonal flavors. Each day, customers can choose from 10 flavors, taken from both the original and seasonal menus. Some of the original flavors include vanilla bean, lemon and mint sorbet, lime and ceylon cinnamon, and dark chocolate. There are two locations. One is in Rice Village at 5216 Morningside Drive and the other is in the Heights at 711 Heights Boulevard.
Everyone in Houston homes with a sweet tooth should find many favorite options at each spot. Here’s to a cool and flavorful summer!